So hard to get nicely rated variants!

Have something you need to get off your chest? Do so here.

So hard to get nicely rated variants!

Postby RavenFlight » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Ugh, I try to breed for SSS+ ratings, nice patterns, and good MTs. And it somehow always seems to turn out that my ugly little brown-purple tempest is SSS and has a 43 MT, while my little tempest with gorgeous spots and stripes with a 22 MT is rated...FFF. And I have a rule to get rid of any dragon rated less than SSS... Lemme show you some examples:

At first, I whooped when I saw his gorgeous colors. But then I rated him and got: 76 MT and...SFS

Such a pretty boy and I was eager to put him in my lava breeding program. I rate him and get: 74 MT and...SFS

Absolutely gorgeous coloring and... SFS, 73 MT

YES! I love the colors! NO! He's rated FFF! and with a 72 MT to boot...

Perfect colors, perfect patterns...FSS. C'mon, and he was even a 67 MT...

Boy was I disappointed with him. Think you recognize him? This is Windwalker's son, whom I used a parthro mushroom on, because Windwalker was getting old and I wanted another tempest with his colors. So what do I get? 37 MT and...FFF. Grrrr...

This is the brother of the dragon above. I hoped to get a better rating for him but... 39 MT and FFF. Seriously?

I bred this gorgeous gal from two of my best lavas. So, I made her sip from the pool with high hopes for her. What do I get? 81 MT and...FFF. Are you kidding me???

This beautiful little gal was the daughter of Windwalker (SSS) and Darkness (LSM). She should have great ratings, right? Wrong. She drinks from the pool and I get...SSF. Gee thanks.

And the worst part of all this? Image
Ugly little thing, right? 73 MT and SSS. You have got to be kidding me... Worst part is, she's a half-sibling to the maroon and orange one near the top of the page, who rated SFS.
RavenFlight

Location: Hanging out with Scotty on the Enterprise. Care to join me?

Re: So hard to get nicely rated variants!

Postby Tuatha Dudainen » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Keep trying it takes years to build high ratings :)
Tuatha Dudainen

Re: So hard to get nicely rated variants!

Postby Neskaya » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:12 pm

You can always do a search for higher mt/rated variants, and message the players who own them to do an egg share or to breed to their dragons. Most of us players don't mind in the least!

For example, I have this pretty that I'm happy to breed out, on the one requirement that their color does not get partho'd. :)
http://www.draconistheory.com/dragon.php?id=1625045

Also have this one. Inbred, but, chameleon so worth keeping an eye on for fun color mashups lol
http://www.draconistheory.com/dragon.php?id=1652459
Neskaya

Return to Dark Realms